Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spring Entry Way

Spring is here, glorious glorious spring!

I don't remember ever being this excited for it before. 

I've been working on a project all day and I'm really excited to share it with you. You all know how I love to rummage through my own closets and rediscover items I forgot I had, and then give them new life! A few of you may remember this big chunky antique frame. It used to be gold and brown, I used it in a fall tablescape when I had just started blogging here).  And although I still love the look of the patina it had, I've been yearning for decor that is a brighter...crisper...springy-er palate.








I've been having a love affair with the mixture of crisp white and cottage colors lately, like what you might see on vintage floral tablecloths, jadeite and old flour sacks. I found this one at an antique mall this week. I wish I had a frame twice as long, because the feed sack is huge and full of great advertising graphics!














I decided to paint the frame, distress it a bit and add the feed sack. I just tacked it all around the edges to the back .






Together with my old yard birds...





















And this chippy old metal bin full of greenery...



And a basket of colorful pillows made from vintage tablecloths...


It makes for a brighter, fresher spring scene in the entry way!







Can't beat a project that's "cheap-cheap-cheap"




Thank you for looking♥

~Linsey









22 comments:

Vintage Gal said...

Your entry way is just gorgeous. Very fresh and crisp. Happy Spring~

Nancy's Notes said...

Now, that's an awesome scene in your entry! Spring time hit your home, yes indeed! Crazy about your newly painted frame, very clever to add the flour sack, just perfect in my eyes. Your pillows are just too cute, too!

Nancy

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Very pretty and fresh!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Oh so so pretty! Love all the spring elements on your beautifully painted table!

Debra@CommonGround said...

I love it too, so bright and Spring-y! The new finish on the frame really works so well with all the lighter cottage colors!

Stacey said...

Your entry is so pretty! Love the art and the green plant in the tin. I'm working on my entry post too. Come by and see in a day or so. :)

chateau chic said...

You've definitely created a very cheery welcome in your entryway! Love the light, fun, cottagey vignette.
Mary Alice

Ron said...

Fresh and crisp. Your entryway is perfect.

Patty Sumner said...

I love it! Looks so fresh and Springy... I really appreciate seeing your Spring decor today.. SNOW AGAIN HERE!!! Blah! It is so refreshing seeing all the Spring colorful homes.. Blessings!

Becca Bertotti said...

What a beautiful Spring welcome ... love all of your pieces!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love your vignette, and the framed flour sack is fabulous. So pretty.
Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Di@Cottage-Wishes said...

Love it!! You are getting me in the mood for spring. It did snow today in Asheville, so I am ready. Di@Cottage-Wishes

Sweet Magnolias Farm said...

Hi Linsey, Love the framed feedsack. We were cleaning out the garage last week and came across a large round vintage frame and we talked about using one of our feedsacks in it. After seeing yours {and falling in love with it} we have to do it. You mentioned you wish you had a longer frame...those long skinny door mirrors make great frame especially if you can find an old one. I seen many with decorative frames. Of course you can go the new route with one from Wal-Mart or ? Anyway, great post and love the pics of your entry. Abbey

Blondie's Journal said...

I just love this! The window, the cute picture and the chicks!! And I think layering your pieces makes it so interesting! :)

XO,
Jane

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

So pretty! It is so exciting that Spring is here!!!
Blessings,
Cindy

Donna Wilkes said...

Love how you styled this space. My favorite is the framed flour sack in the beautiful frame. Sweet chicks.

Pamela said...

Love it my friend! Now come over and help me do my dining room!;)

Revi said...

CHEAP and CHARMING! As always. :)

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Your entryway is so pretty, Linsey. I love that cheerful basket of pillows!

Jeanette

Shabby soul said...

Fresh, sunny and bright, perfect for welcome spring!
Hugs
Silvia

Jeannies Bottle said...

I love this vignette, and the colour of the table!

Unknown said...

I LOVE your design idea - so fresh and neutral, perfect for Spring! Hubs and I are currently remodeling our farmouse - your blog is giving me some great ideas!

thelittleislandfarmhouse.blogspot.com

Happy to have found you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...