Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Let me show you MY suburban farmhouse...

We just moved to the Houston area about a month ago from DFW. My house is (and always will be) a work in progress. I am perplexed on what to do with my dining room, which is in shambles as you can see above. It lends itself to dark colors but as you see I am drawn to creamy whites and sagey, grass greens. Any suggestions?



 Our black lab shadow insists on sneaking onto the sofa at night, leaving a nest of black hair behind. I decided to stop fighting it and nestled her bed up on the corner of the sectional we rarely use. She's getting old and the poor girl deserves some cushioning.
 These canisters were a house warming gift from my wonderful mother in law. I found them at Pier1 of all places, but I thought they looked so retro-farmhouse! And of course I loved the jadeite green color. ♥

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...