Monday, March 3, 2014

A Pretty Way to Scent A Room

     
Why do I feel like a need to take out a loan to buy a decent reed diffuser? Have you noticed the price on these things?

I'm sorry, but I just can't bare to shell out $50 on an air freshener that may last 4-6 weeks.

Secondly, why would I want it when the glass jar it comes with isn't my style?

     I had a light bulb moment today. I stopped into a high end home store and noticed that they sold the "refill" reed diffuser oils in large bottles. What if I were to use an antique shaker or bottle from my collection? That would save me lots of sweet moola, and the vintage bottle would be right up my ally.

So that's what I did. 

     I first used my large glass (sugar?) shaker. The reeds fit so perfectly into the holes...it's fun when the stars align! :D


     I also put some in this other frenchy style bottle I had. I picked out a citrus-herby flavor. Nice for spring... 



     I have a big crew of house guests coming this week from out of town. It's nice to tuck these into the corners of the bathrooms to keep everything fresh and welcoming.

     Thanks for stopping by! I haven't been posting much lately because our family has been a bunch of busy little bees. Hopefully soon I can finish this painting that I started...



...and do some other home projects to share! 

Until then...

~Linsey


8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the jars you used . . . way better than the ones they usually sell with reed diffusers. I had the same thought as you when it comes to the price of them. I recently started using essential oils and cheap vodka. There are all sorts of EO's and one teeny weeny bottle lasts forever. I think the scent lasts longer than the store bought ones too. I also use them as a room freshener on curtains, sofa towels etc. . .I have lavender going right now. . . smells so springy. . . Enjoy your company. ~d

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

LOVE the jars you used...so much prettier then the ones you find in the stores!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Great idea, Linsey! I agree! I like your bottles much better. :)

La Petite Gallery said...

Linsey, These are great tips, I agree some of this world thinks we have a money tree in the back yard.
Smart cookie you are.. love the painting..
yvonne

Ron said...

Linsey- I do the very same thing. Great minds think alike.
Check out: http://uptownacorn.blogspot.com/2013/09/botanique-plantation-diffuser.html

Happy Mardi Gras!

Debbie Lannerd said...

The sheep picture is wonderful!!! Where did you find it???

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

Love your ram! He is beautiful!!! You could almost leave him like that!

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

So Simple!!! Everyone is probably going "why didn't I think of that". Love the reeds in the sugar shaker~~~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...