Friday, November 18, 2011

Dream Backyard Cottages...part II



I'm still dreaming away about having my own sweet little backyard cottage/shed/guesthouse/art studio. We need a shed badly. We came from a house with a 500 sq foot screened in porch with a storage room, to a new house with a tiny backporch and no storage for ugly yard stuff. Right now it is cluttering up the garage.

I want to spice the shed up with shutters, a cupola, a window box for herbs and flowers, and landscaping all around it. Buuut...it looks like the ol' bank account will only allow for a unsightly rubbermaid *thing*. uhg.

So can I transform this...


into this...





















Pics from this beautiful blog...

http://greystables.blogspot.com/



Linking to






7 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Think in steps - start with a little one and in the future ....
Dreams are good.
- Joy

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Hoping you get your artistic shed soon. I know you would do an awesome job with it.

Cindy said...

Ohhh, they are wonderful aren't they...

Cindy

Kelly said...

Well if you want it bad enough, I'm sure you will find a way to make it happen! Those little garden houses are so cute. I see them more and more in magazines and blogs now.

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thanks for visiting Ciao Newport Beach. I am now following you and hope you come back to visit soon!

ciao

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Do we girls EVER quit wishing for a little gingerbread cottage to play in?

My great grandparents had an actual LOG guest cabin in their yard. When they passed away, we lived in a cute little house with a postage stamp yard, so we couldn't take it. Now we have the room, but it's gone. Sniff.

I'm sure you'll think of a way to spice up your building. Maybe you could host a challenge. :@

SLR said...

I dream of one of those getaway shed spaces too! Someday...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...