Monday, January 28, 2013

Howdy Partner! Welcome to Week 51 of The Cowgirl Up! Link Party!


Howdy Partner!
Welcome to Week 51
of
The Cowgirl Up!
Link Party!

1 Party, 5 Blogs Our guest host this week is
Kirsten from I Still Hate Pickles!


Hey! I'm Kirsten, but you can call me Kiki. Pretty much everyone does. I'm stoked to be guest hosting Cowgirl Up! Every week I find major inspiration from the links and posts. You guys are all amazingly talented.

I have lived in Houston for ten years and just bought my first pair of cowboy boots. I'll confess that I'm a little scared to wear them.

My blog, I Still Hate Pickles, is a little eclectic. On any given day you might catch me talking about parenting, writing, faith, DIY, and my kitchen adventures (which sometimes involve small kitchen fires). I like to keep things interesting.

Despite the fires, I really like to cook. I am a much better cook than baker because I like to be spontaneous and fudge recipes. Recently I started baking my own bread. Even if I find the recipe from someone else, I'm always finding ways to dress it up and make it my own. Nothing like the smell of freshly baked bread in the home! Even better when it's easy.

I have a few special things I bake only once or twice a year because they are so rich (and I might get tempted to eat the whole thing). You will never make another cake again after trying this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake. This used to be a fall specialty, but my friends and family now ask for it as their birthday cakes. These Special Occasion Cinnamon Rolls might put you into a coma.
If you need to cleanse your palate with something healthy, I've been experimenting with local organic produce with delicious results. Like garlic and feta focaccia topped with arugula. Killer.

If you want to step out of the kitchen, I love making projects. I used to have a small business painting children's furniture and murals, so I love getting creative. I am also really messy, but I feel like that is part of the fun. (Except when it comes time to clean up.) Here is a coffee filter wreath I made for a friend's baby shower. Check out this ugly thrift store before and the adorable after.

Just...ew.
 
To awwwww!

Every now and then I do tiny paintings, like this pair of cows that I dorkily gave as a gift to John and Sherry from Young House Love at their book signing. (Did I mention I'm a dork?)

For Christmas this year, I gave my mom some Texas-themed hand-painted cards, which were super fun.

If you're wanting something a little off-the-beaten path, you may want to check my Out-of-the-Box Mother's Day ideas or my thoughts on what life would be like if Pinterest projects became reality. I'm also doing a series on self-publishing through Amazon Kindle, if that's something you might consider doing in the future. I've got my MFA in Fiction but recently self-published an advent book and another book about our callings.

So glad to be here and be inspired by all the creativity! Hope you'll stop by and enjoy my blog in all its randomness. I love following blogs via Twitter as well, so if you are active there, come and find me so I can follow you back and keep up with your great ideas.

Kirsten/Kiki
***** Want to be a Guest Host here on Cowgirl Up? Just leave a comment with your name and blog address below! If you are selected, you will be introduced in the Cowgirl Up post for that week, and we'll include a link to your blog. We’ll send you the code for the party ahead of time. Lots of fantastic exposure for you, and the post is written for you! *****
Click below to continue to the party!


Howdy, everyone!
This is Amanda with The Ivy Cottage Blog!
If you haven't checked out my new blue "family" end table, click on over and check it out!
So happy to have you all back this week!  We had a record number of links last week . . . 300!  WOW!  Keep up the great work and spread the word on about the party!
Here are the features!
More exposure, less time.We are looking for the latest and greatest projects, tutorials, ideas, crafts, recipes, decor, and inspiring stories. Anything that you are proud to show off.
Cowgirl Up! is the link party that saves you time and brings you inspiration.
What blogs will your link appear on? Check us out below!
Linsey with The Farmhouse Porch
Anita with Cedar Hill Ranch
Samantha with Crafty Texas Girls


*PLUS our Special GUEST HOST:  Kirsten with I Still Hate Pickles!

The four of us are all Texas bloggers, but you don't have to be Texas, country, western, or own horses to participate in Cowgirl Up! You just need that "can-do", cowgirl spirit!
Cowgirl Up! Link Party Guidelines
(Please read the guidelines before participating)
* When you link with Cowgirl Up!, your link will automatically show on four different blogs.
* Please follow your host blog before linking up on GFC (and if you have a linkyfollow account, then please follow that way too.)
* You may link up decor, DIY, crafts, guest post, recipes, giveaways, sewing, inspiring stories, and anything that you feel related to the listed categories.
* You may link as many links as you want.
* Be sure to include the Cowgirl Up! Button or text link to Cowgirl Up in your linked post, (mine can be found on my sidebar.) Mandatory to be featured!!
* Be courteous and visit the two links before yours. Several projects will be featured each week!
* By linking up you are agreeing that the photos are yours or that you have permission to use them, that we may use those photos to feature your project in a blog post, on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter with a link back to your blog of course.
*If you pin a project shown here, please, please pin from the original source.
post signature

15 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

Kiki,great post. Love the way you write.
You are so creative,and funny.
I have my book on Amazon too.
Thank you for hosting
X

Heirloom treasures said...

PS, forgot to say I love your beautiful wreath and I popped over and got the recipe for your pumpkin choc chip cake as I am making my granddaughters birthday cake this wee,. I thought it might be nice for that for a change from my usual recipe Thanks x

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Thank you so much for featuring my painted doily! I'm just thrilled to be included with such great features. Thanks also for hosting. Have a great week!
Tuula :)

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

So many great posts to visit! Wonderful party! Thank you.
karen

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Linsey and the rest of the Cowgirl Up! team. Your Link Party is such a great idea, love joining in. Enjoyed meeting Kiki and reading her post.
Joy

The HOME GIRL said...

Hey Cowgirls!!! Thanks so much for hosting this great link party! Love your post, Kiki! So glad you could join in for this Cowgirl Up party.

By the way, I'm so sorry I accidentally put my link up twice...I was having computer trouble and it was not showing up at first, and then I tried again and then saw that it showed up twice. I tried to delete one, but I don't think I can. So sorry! Have a great night! Sorry for the long post...lol

Erin~Just*Grand said...

Thank you so much for featuring my bracelet! And for hosting the always inspiring parties! Lots of wonderful links to explore.

Hi, I'm Aleisha! said...

YEE-HAW!! The Cowgirl Up Link party!! It is one of my favorite linky parties, put together by some of my favorite bloggers. Seriously! Thanks for the fun, ladies. And if you want to consider me as I guest host, that would be AWESOME. SO awesome in fact, I just might mail y'all cookies! ;)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for featuring my Union Jack Wall Art this week ladies!! And as always, thank you for hosting a great party. Have a fabulous week :)

xo-Tanya

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting this great party each and every week!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Hi Cowgirls! Nice to meet Kiki!
Thanks for hosting...looking forward to the links. :)

Unknown said...

Hiya ya'all ... I just wanted to drop ya a comment to say that I stumbled on your blog while cruising around Pintrest. I've just spent an hour reading through your posts and I LOVE em'. I'm a new follower : ) If ya get a chance, please stop by my 'lil part of Blogland and say 'ello ~
Deanna

Andi said...

I am following along and what a great big party! Love it. Lots of inspiration from so many. I am sharing Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes. Have a great week. Andi thewednesdaybaker.blogspot.com

Vanessa said...

Hi, Ladies

I love partying with you all. Thank you for hosting.

Hugs,

Vanessa

Unknown said...

Hi! I found you thru Melissa at Shabby Love, she has been sweet enough to give me great advice! I wanted to check out your blog as well :) I blog about home decor and the remodel of our 1831 farmhouse. I've only been blogging for two months but I thought I'd let you know I would love to be considered for your link ups. AsI said I'm new so any advice or feedback you have would be awesome! Thanks!! ~melissa
Here's the link to my bloghttp://melissaowczarzak.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-downfall-of-having-facebook-page.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...