Thursday, January 31, 2013

Come see where I play...


Once every few days I carve out a few hours for myself, to sit down at my big long farm table in the dining room and make a mess of my own. 




A beautiful mess.






Lace-y remnants, old sheet music and vintage tickets are so fun to play with. Do you see the little tea stained wired paper roses? They were hand made by a gal on Etsy. Aren't they darling? The dangerous part of having an Etsy shop is that it's like working at your favorite store. You end up spending lots of your "paycheck" there!

I love supporting small businesses and crafty artists though! I've been burnt out on the mass produced, mall shopping experience more and more the older I get. My first buying experience on Etsy was so special. When I recieved my little handmade item it was packaged so beautifully, with dainty vintage ribbons and embellishments. It even came with a little "thank you" and a tiny gift. At that moment I was hooked! 

I also knew that I wanted to give my buyers that same feeling. So I include a goody bag with every purchase from my shop and let me tell ya, it's my favorite part of the experience! I just love creating these little presents. I always hope that the recipients open them and feel like I am giving them a sincere smile and a "thank you".

Here are some fresh bags in my new Etsy vintage cheese box. It's the perfect organizer!




More goody bag doo-dads and what-nots...


You'll even find a kid made art project or two. Up high. Away from 4 year old sister's hands. 

And there may or may not be a stash of Mommy's favorite mini York peppermint patties in one of the tureens. For emergency crafting energy, of course.


And just in front of the dining room is this little side table. I just had to show you my new alarm clock! I purchased it while I was out with the my bloggy girls the other day in Old Town Spring.


Well...there it is. My happy place. When you just can't get a hold of me but you know I'm home, this is probably where I am. :)




♥Linsey









14 comments:

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

Let me be the first to say I LOVE IT ALL .. I love the what-nots and do - dads.. makes it all special and created with love.. YOU always do some amazing projects. That is why I love your blog.. YOU leave here feeling inspired sister... HUGS

Art and Sand said...

I would love to come and play at your table or have you
over to mine to play. I a retiring from teaching in June, but I am going to teach bookmaking classes in my husband's studio when I get to play all day. My neighbor owns an art gallery and I could teach the classes there, but it will be more fun when people can find embellishments in my stash.

And regarding shopping. I haven't shopped the mall in years. I either shop small boutiques, antique shops or on-line. And Etsy is so fun. The other thing I plan to do inn125 days is to start an Etsy shop. Thanks for the tip that I will need to include little treats.

Art and Sand said...

I would love to come and play at your table or have you
over to mine to play. I a retiring from teaching in June, but I am going to teach bookmaking classes in my husband's studio when I get to play all day. My neighbor owns an art gallery and I could teach the classes there, but it will be more fun when people can find embellishments in my stash.

And regarding shopping. I haven't shopped the mall in years. I either shop small boutiques, antique shops or on-line. And Etsy is so fun. The other thing I plan to do inn125 days is to start an Etsy shop. Thanks for the tip that I will need to include little treats.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Such a cute post from such a cute gal!

It's those special touches that truly make the difference, indeed.

Keep up the good work, Linsey!!

Pamela said...

Truly a happy place! I wanna come and play too!:)

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Oh goodness, makes my heart flutter :) Happy creating!

Jeanette

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

I would love to play here! Beautiful pics!

All My Happy Endings said...

I, too, have grown so incredibly fond of Etsy. I feel that more often than not, Etsy vendors provide an extra special...extra personable touch to their product and packaging. Can't say enough!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Linsey, I love the ironstone pitcher I got from your Etsy store. And I enjoyed looking through all the little doo-dads you included when you sent it to me. :)

farmhouse-story said...

your pretty bits and pieces make great eye candy, linsey:) love the clock under the cloche, too! happy weekend!

Sherry Hicks said...

What a wonderful creative place! and yes what a beautiful mess!! I need to take more time to craft!!
Sherry

chateau chic said...

You have a great place to "play." Looks like so much fun!!
Mary Alice

Cottage and Broome said...

I'd love to come and play with you! everything looks so beautiful! Laura

Anonymous said...

EVery girl needs her own Happy Place!
Show us the farm table~I luv'm and I'll bet YOurs is really cool!
Catherine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...