Monday, September 17, 2012

Welcome to Week 33 of Cowgirl Up! Link Party






Welcome to Week 33 of
Cowgirl Up! Link Party . . .
the party with a cowgirl can-do spirit!
1 Party, 4 Blogs




With Your Host

Linsey from The Farmhouse Porch


     If ever there were a time of year I longed to be back in New England it's Fall. I'm not sure if I ever told you but I was raised a Navy brat. The daughter of a sonar officer, we moved every 3 or 4 years until my senior year of high school. People always assumed this was a sad thing, but it wasn't for me. I loved the adventure of starting fresh in a new city. I learned how to make new friends easily and how to road trip like a pro, beagle and pesky little brother in tow. And it created in me a wanderlust spirit that I still have to this day.
      I was able to live in Japan, one of the greatest experiences of my life. I also lived in Charleston and near Seattle. But my favorite place of all was Connecticut. Specifically...Connecticut in the Fall.


             
 
     I am yearning to see my breath in the crisp morning air and shuffle around a snapping fireplace in my dad's Eddie Bauer fur lined slippers, sipping mulled cider fresh from the cider mill. But I live in Houston,TX. And as my daughter likes to say "Yeah...THAT'S gonna happen."

     So I will live vicariously through all of you and your wonderful fall projects, pics and tutorials. If you live in New England, feel free to send me some apple cider and a few of those gorgeous autumn leaves. :) Here are my favorites from last weeks party...















If you were featured here, grab a Featured button. Be sure to like our Facebook pages, since we also post many other favorites there too. If you got featured on Facebook, then feel free to grab a featured button also.

Now about the party...
You link up on my blog and your link shows up on four blogs. 
 More exposure, less time.

We are looking for the latest and greatest projects, tutorials, ideas, crafts, recipes, decor, and inspiring stories. Anything that you are proud to show off.
Cowgirl Up! is the link party that saves you time and brings you inspiration. Doesn't get any easier than that!
 What blogs will your link appear on? Check us out below!
Linsey with The Farmhouse Porch
Anita with Cedar Hill Ranch
Samantha with Crafty Texas Girls
The four of us are all Texas bloggers, but you don't have to be Texas, country, western, or own horses to participate in Cowgirl Up! You just need that "can-do", cowgirl spirit!
Cowgirl Up! Link Party Guidelines:
(Please read the guidelines before participating)
* When you link with Cowgirl Up!, your link will automatically show on four different blogs. Awesome!
* Please follow your host blog before linking up on GFC (and if you have a linkyfollow account, then please follow that way too.)
* You may link up decor, DIY, crafts, guest post, recipes, giveaways, sewing, inspiring stories, and anything that you feel related to the listed categories.
* You may link as many links as you want.
* Be sure to include the Cowgirl Up! Button or text link to Cowgirl Up in your linked post, (mine can be found on my sidebar.) Mandatory to be featured!!
* Be courteous and visit the two links before yours.  Several projects will be featured each week!
* By linking up you are agreeing that we may use your photos to feature your project in a blog post, on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter with a link back to your blog of course.

15 comments:

Leslie Harris said...

Linsey,
I loved hearing about your experience as a traveling child. And what a sweet photo of your family in Conn. BTW, is that your Mom? She's beautiful!
Thanks for sharing, I've never been back east but I long to visit during Fall. Blessings,
Leslie (aka Gwen Moss blog)

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Thanks for hosting, Linsey :)
...and thanks for sharing your history with us! Must have been an experience to live in Japan as a child!!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

I hear you on the weather! From one Houston gal to another. Thank you for hosting. Wishing you a grand week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

Thanks so much for hosting, Linsey! Loved seeing that photo from your past!!
Blessings,
~Angie

Cecilia said...

Oh, I actually got to go to New England in the Fall a couple of years ago. Nothing like it! It was just beautiful. And the fresh apple cider - out of this world! This Texas girl fell in love with it all. :) Excited to find you. Thanks for hosting and sharing! Now following.

Molly said...

Thank you for hosting again this week. That's really cool that you were able to travel a lot!
Molly

must love junk said...

Wow, your story is very interesting! Thanks for hosting another fab party:)
Susan

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

I love the features! Thanks for hosting! I'll be back later to visit more!

Jana@Transformations From the Heart said...

Oh, I loved reading about your time as a child. Sounds like a great adventure every couple of years.
Thanks for hosting again this week.

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Thanks, Linsey!
Your mom looks like a movie star from Dynasty days! That's such a great photo.
I'm going to email you for more specifics on the stuff you're collecting.
xxx, Tina

Scribbler said...

Connecticut in the Fall is on my list -- the husband just retired! What a great photo of you and your family there -- your mother is gorgeous.

Anne said...

Thank you for hosting!
xx
Anne

Janis@All Things Beautiful said...

Thank you Linsey for featuring my pumpkin topiaries! I can't wait for the "real" cool weather too...usually by November here in South Texas, huh? We used to live in St. Louis, and experienced real fall, and I do miss it!

Dori @ Bell Jar Vintage said...

Linked up and am now following! :)
Thanks for hosting!
~Dori
http://belljarvintage.blogspot.com

Anne said...

Great features! Thank you for hosting!
xx
Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...