Monday, July 2, 2012

Fredericksburg Part 1-"Smitten" with an Old Apple Crate


 My week of mini vacations is finally at an end. I visited family and ended the week with a little road trip to Fredericksburg,TX with my husband. We stayed in a cute little cottage near Main Street. 


I have so much to share with you that i'm breaking my trip up into several blog posts. Today I wanted to show you "Smitten" and the neat apple crate shelf I purchased there.


I was able to meet Shannon from Rusty and Redone, who has a booth at Smitten. Anne from fiona and twig also has a booth in the cottage. It was a wonderful shop, I could have spent a small fortune there. Here are a few photos...



My big purchase at Smitten was this old apple crate turned shelves. I had an empty spot for it in the dining room and needed a spot for my growing hoard of ironstone.











I will end with a few more shots of the beautiful  "Smitten" boutique...








Stay tuned for a tour of Carol Hicks Bolton's new store "Antiquities". It was an AWESOME experience and I was fortunate to meet Carol herself.

Also coming is a post about Fredericksburg's "Herb Farm", with lots of pics too!
***Reminder***
The "Cowgirl Up!" link party starts Monday nights at 8:30

♥Linsey

sharing at:



20 comments:

Rasonda @ Lake Cottage Dreams said...

Love it!!! I'm smitten too!

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Hi Linsey, love getting to see the photos of Smitten. I'll make it down there someday!! Anne and I had so much fun shopping for her space while she was here, I saw a few things that she'd added. Glad you're linking up at the party!

Candy said...

GORGEOUS PHOTOS. Lovin your apple cart. Smitten is such a cute name for a shop. Wish I could visit.
Candy
PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

Hello Miss Linsey... I soooo want to visit Fredricksberg. I hope sooner than later. Once my guy is OUT of school my life will return to normal and we can go places again!

Blessings to you~ LOVE YOUR BLOG!

xoRebecca

Bubble My Licorice said...

amazing post :)
I really love it!!

http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

Anne said...

That is perfect for displaying your ironstone!!!!And what a collection you have.I am a bit jealous.LOVE those photos of smitten.Lucky you to have visited.
(((Hugs)))
Anne

Kelly said...

I could've spent alot of money in that store too! I see ALOT of good stuff in your pics. You have a great pitcher collection! Your apple crate makes a unique display piece for them.

must love junk said...

Wow!! Looove every picture in this post! Your crate is perfect! Just my style :)
Susan

Faux Pas Farm Gal said...

That apple cart!!! Perfection!

PURA VIDA said...

oh yeah! I'd be smitten too!

Do you love him Loretta said...

Your photos makes me want to book a flight down to Texas NOW!!! I was lucky enough to be in Houston about 20 years ago (DID I SAY 20?!?!?!) and LOVED it! Maybe one day :)

chateau chic said...

That shop looks so WONDERFUL!! If only I didn't live so far from Texas. Love the crate turned shelf and all your ironstone pieces styled perfectly!
Thanks for hosting each week!
Mary Alice

Jean @ www.thebackyardbungalow.com said...

I could have spent a fortune there, too. Love your shelf and your artful display of ironstone.

~ Liz ~ said...

I feel like I've just been on a little trip to a old fashioned mainstreet and stopped in at a quaint shop.

The pitchers on the top shelf of your crate remind me of a family all gathered together for their family portrait. And ooh, would I like to get my hands on those casters. I love how they are displayed. It's all so wonderful. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos with us.
Liz

Shannon said...

Hi Linsey!

It was wonderful to meet you~even if only for a few minutes! Darn me, having to run off to get tires!

Beautiful pics of the shop. Thanks for posting them.

I was wondering who made off with the apple crate! Love how you displayed it.

Maybe next time we can visit longer!
Take care~

Deanne said...

Oh it is all so beautiful! I just want to climb right in my computer to have a look at all the lovelies!
I am about to start painting some trays with chalkboard paint myself- as soon as I get off this computer that is!

victoriantailor said...

Love the photo's, beautiful items, especially the day bed, or childs bed? with the burlap mattress, adorable!!!

Amy Kinser said...

Loved taking a look around! Thanks for sharing.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

The vignette you've styled around your apple crate is totally delightful. You've used two of my favorite decorating elements - hydrangea and ironstone.

Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. Hope to see you again this week.

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

Anne Lorys - Fiona and Twig said...

Thank you so much for visiting our shop, I'm sorry I missed you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...