Saturday, May 12, 2012

"Bundled Roses" After Antiquing


I like to add a mixture of pigment and glazing medium to some of my paintings, in layers, to give them an aged look. Sometimes I refer to it as tea stained or tobacco stained. It tones down the intensity of colors. It worked well on my recent rose painting. I knew I wanted to do this from the start...I just hate waiting until the paint is dry.






Here is the before...












and after...









I also have a large antique frame I might put it in...it fits perfectly.


"Rose Bundle"
Oil on Canvas,  11x14"
$125 + shipping
with antique frame $175
•contact me via email•
thefarmhouseporch@yahoo.com


☻HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!☻


♥Linsey





15 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Love it "antiqued" like that - and that frame is PERFECT!

Good job, lady!

Unknown said...

Such wonderful talent! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ! Great job.


Kristen

Linda at French Hollow said...

Gorgeous! You are so talented.

Anne said...

Linsey,
Beautiful painting.Happy Mothers Day.
Anne

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

LOVE IT antiqued and that frame is gorgeous! Happy Mother's Day Linsey!

Lois Arnold said...

Very lovely!

By Nela said...

He descubierto tu blog y me ha encantado su contenido. Desde hoy lo sigo, si lo deseas te invito a conocer mi blog y si es de tu agrado, me gustaría tenerte como seguidora en mi blog para seguir en contacto. Un saludo muy cordial.
Manoli.

Miss Gracie's House said...

I like it so much better with the glaze...your work is beautiful! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Rene'

Little Miss Maggie said...

love your painting. I have been trying to get the nerve to antique one of my old prints to age it. Maybe I will try it after seeing your project. Thanks.

chateau chic said...

Linsey, Your painting is just beautiful!
Mary Alice

Lynn Wood said...

I liked this painting the first time around, but you're right. It's even better with a bit of age!

-Lynn

Unknown said...

What a talented artist you are! The rose painting is beautiful. I've done similar treatments to some paintings I gotten from garage sales and flea markets and I loved the aged look. I'm going to add myself as your newest follower. Happy Spring Ya'll from Houston, TX

Unknown said...

Yes, this is very pretty!
Thanks for linking! I have another French party going on! Come link!
Xo
http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

So very pretty!

Dee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...