Monday, March 5, 2012

Old Gold

Old gold, when grouped together, can look really neat don't you think? It has a unique patina and it looks great with warm golden earthy tones. It makes for a fun vignette on shelves with old books or in a more masculine area, like a study or office.

To me old gold has a "formal shabby" feel...more manor house than garden cottage. It can be found on chippy old gold frames,tarnished trophies or even religious artifacts. It can have a frenchy feel or a Brittish pub feel.

Do you have any "Old Gold" sprinkled around your house? I'd love to hear how you use it in your decor!


The "Cowgirl Up!" Linky party begins tonight! Link up your post and you could be featured. We love you and thank you.
♥ Linsey


Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I have gold in my living room. I think it is timeless. Your vignette looks great!

Worn Cotton said...

Love this! And I agree, old gold is such a beautiful neutral!

Anne said...

I love that look.Especially paired with that old wood piece.Looks amazing.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I can't bring myself to paint any of my really old gold frames. Hanging on a wall, they add such warmth to any room.

Beautiful photos!

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Beautiful shots, Linsey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...