Sunday, December 4, 2011

Farmhouse Porch Walnut Meltaway Cookies



These simple, inexpensive, beautiful cookies have a rustic homemade look. They look like snowballs don't they? The best part is that they taste a-ma-zing. I guess if you roll anything in powdered sugar it tastes amazing.

I made this "recipe" up, sort of. Hardly a recipe since I used the sugar cookie mix, but I added the ground walnuts because thet is what I had in the freezer. I know this "recipe" already exists somewhere in all kinds of variations. Here's my version

Farmhouse Porch Walnut Meltaway Cookies


You will need..

*sugar cookie dough (I used two snack size packets which calls for 1 stick of butter and some water...EASY!!!)
*A small bag of walnuts
*Powdered sugar




Grind up the walnuts in a food processor and set aside




Preheat the oven to 375.

Make your dough. Add in the walnuts and mix by hand into a ball of dough. Make little tiny balls of dough and line them up on your cookie sheet. Bake until the edges of the cookies start to brown slightly. Let cool for a few minutes.





Pour about 1/2 cup powdered sugar into a medium bowl. Coat the cookies in the sugar a few at a time by gently rolling them in the sugar.




Display on your favorite holiday cakeplate and enjoy!



♥Linsey

6 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Yum! I can hardly wait to get baking myself!

Kelly said...

Those look yummy and so pretty too! I love your plate that they're sitting on. I like easy recipes. May have to give these a try.

Town and Country Gals said...

Linsey,
those look yummy! We've made similar ones for years, they were called wedding or snowball cookies. I have sugar cookie dough in the frig, you've inspired me!
Rebecca

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Check out the post on your painting.
http://cedarhillranch.blogspot.com/2011/12/madame-pear.html

Miss Gracie's House said...

I love this kind of cookie...had no idea there was such an easy recipe!
Merry Christmas!
Rene

Custom Comforts said...

Your cookies look yummy. I have always love this type of cookie, but never found a recipe that lives up to my expectations. Looking forward to trying this one.
Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...