Friday, November 11, 2011

Vintage Patriotic Americana-My nod to Veterans





I grew up a military brat. My Dad was a sonar officer on submarines and later a sonar instructor (honored with the Instructor of the Year award for the entire Navy---go Dad!). I've had the opportunity to live all over the U.S., and even Japan. There were sacrifices, but worth it for the amount of pride I feel in saying that my father excelled in such a worthy profession.

Dad


Anyways, I have a special place in my heart for active military and veterans alike. To celebrate them today...let's enjoy some vintage Americana!

*I've also included some pics from the awesome new WWII Nimitz Museum in Frederickburg,TX. Amazing that such a small town has such a huge, gorgeous, interactive techno-rich state of the art museum. If you live in TX you must check it out! Your hubby will love it so much, he won't even notice you've slipped out the back door to go antiquing. : )
























No comment on this one. I don't know why my husband was hugging the bomb...I think I wanted him to show scale...






Pictured below is the adorable guest cottge we stayed at in Fredericksburg. So. so. so, darling!

Great, Now i'm reeeaaally wanting to go. If you love old german things, antiques, sweet little streets of shops and cafes with live music in the air, beer, cottages, and farmhouse things...you'll love Fredericksburg,TX.




♥Linsey

5 comments:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

What a nice way to honor your dad and all the veterans!

Vintage Gal said...

What a lovely way to honour your Dad and all of the vets~ I am now a follower. I came over from Cozy Little House ;-) Love your Blog

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

What a lovely post! Your Dad sounds like a great guy. That cottage is adorable too.

Ann B. Kennedy said...

Thanks for the great post. I'm enjoying your blog and will enjoy following!

Ann B. Kennedy said...

Thanks for the great post. I'm enjoying your blog and will enjoy following!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...