Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Whimsical Wall Art DIY: Book page collage art

One of my favorite catalogs is Ballard Designs. Something that has caught my eye several times is the newsprint dress collage print. I wish I had $300 dollars to spend on wall art, but being an artist with paintings and frames stacked up against the wall in my house, I have no excuse to ever buy artwork I could do myself. Here is the Ballard print:






I decided to do a collage using my old book pages. I think I'll frame it and hang it above Shadow's food bowls and leash hooks in the mudroom. This project would be awesome with kids.
Here is my fun little attempt:




First draw the outline of the shape you want, then fill it up with clippings!





AND BEST OF ALL...IT'S FREE!!!

Linking to:

Tutorials and Tips





Photobucket

1 comment:

Cecilia said...

Hey! I found this while visiting LaurieAnna's Vintage Home. Love this idea! I have several old books that I could use. What fun art. love it! I love to paint too. Now following you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...