Monday, October 24, 2011

What movies inspire your decor?

Sometimes, I get ideas from movies. I may fall in love with the architecture of Meg Ryan's apartment in "You've Got mail" or go Gaga over a garden inspired bedroom such as the overgrown forgotten bedroom of the dead aunt in "The Secret Garden".

My best friend, knowing my love for French Shabby-ness, recommended I see the movie Marie Antoinette directed by Sophia Copolla, who I LOVE because she also did Lost in Translation, one of my all time fave movies with Bill Murray. My BFF knew me well because that movie was dripping with French shabby romantic inspiration, and I did fall in love with it!

Some pics...

















I will admit that it isn't very "Farmhouse Porch". But I consider my daughters room be somewhat Marie Antoinette-ish.

1 comment:

Cindy Adkins said...

I love period films! If nothing else, just for the costumes! Elizabeth: The Virgin Queen and The Other Boleyn Girl are two of my favs!
Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...