Thursday, January 12, 2012

Today's FUNky finds...

The budget is tight these days. Luckily I can usually scrounge up a few dollars under the sofa cushions.If i'm lucky I can find some sweet little deals while out antiquing that don't break the bank. It takes time and lots of scouring, but if you have a color scheme in mind and a general idea of what your theme is, I think you can shop for your home on any budget.

Here's what todays' scavenging unearthed, in the depths of shelves burried in junk at the antique mall...

My favorite find was this little white porcelean hand. I can find a million uses for this unique curosity!

I think I had a little too much fun posing it! Haha



I also got a few more pieces of vintage looking flatware and a reeeally old little framed drawing matted in the most interesting shape.





That is all. Nothing big or dramatic today. Stay warm!
oxox
♥Linsey




















Photobucket

Boogieboard Cottage




shabby creek cottage

18 comments:

Antiques In Old Town said...

Your Blog comes up as . on my blogs list, not farmhouse porch when it comes up after you post. Thought you would want to know. Check out on my blog. Love your hand !

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Oh, you created some lovely little vignettes with your finds. Love the hand.

L'Heure Bleue At Home said...

Love the vintage flatware! Great finds.

Di@Cottage-Wishes said...

Love the hand and the picture! Di@Cottage-wishes

Cottage and Broome said...

Love the hand, I collect hands and have one similar yours. I believe they were ashtrays. Love the buttons in them rather than ashes! Laura

Honey at 2805 said...

Terrific finds! Thank you for linking this lovely post to Potpourri Friday!

foreverdecorating said...

It appears that it was an ashtray before but much better use of it now. Love the hand and the buttons.

Betsy said...

Being on a budget just makes us more creative! I love to find bargains when I have a few dollars in my pocket. I absolutely love the hand you foumd.

The Tablescaper said...

What a neat hand. Great find!!!!!!

It would be great to have you join me at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

BearShe Cottage said...

Like the hand. Great find!

Kelly said...

I like all of your unique finds! Isn't antiquing the most fun? I think it's the thrill of the hunt that makes it that way. Thanks for visiting me too!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I love to get in there and dig for those little things that no one else found...and you found some great stuff. Love the hand, silverware and that picture! You did good....

Lou Cinda :)

I am a new follower

Pam Kessler said...

I think you're having a little too much fun with the hand. Very cute. Wonder what it was originally used for. Great finds!

Town and Country Gals said...

Finding treasures on a budget is the best! The thriftier the better!! VEry cute finds, I was on a hand kick at one time but all mine were the ones that stand up for rings, bracelets, etc. You did good!
Rebecca

very merry vintage style said...

What a great find--really elegant, too.
Mary

Helen and her Daughters said...

What lovely finds, I really love the hand (mom has one but I have yet to find one for myself yet).

Revi said...

Girl, you have a good eye, or nose, or whatever it takes to find good stuff! LOVE the hand. A dear friend had a collection of hands - she's gone now, and I have one to remember her by. I'm also attracted to hands - for the symbolism and the decorative quality of them. Nice finds!
-Revi

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

That's one "cool" hand...thanks for sharing it at NTT.

Blessings,
Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...